There are now over 100 meta-questions.
It might be useful if they were consistently tagged.
Left to my own devices there are some tags I might edit, to help me make sense of them:
- Delete almost every 'unique' tag i.e. tags which are only used once, to tag one topic: because IMO tags are to mark groups of related topics, so a tag is only useful if it's applicable to more than one topic
- Delete the quality tag: it says nothing, because isn't every topic about quality?
- Merge the 'question' tags: currently we have allowed-questions, questions, and asking-questions ... perhaps they should all be allowed-questions or asking-questions
- Make an effort to tag topics as being either to do with questions or to do with answers: e.g. I guess that this topic is more about answers than about questions.
- Read through all topics and add tags where necessary; many are probably just discussion and ought to be tagged as 'question', 'answer', or something else as well.
My ambition is to make it easier to discover everything that's been written on meta about a given topic, including for example, to start with:
- Every topic related to asking questions
- Every topic related to answering questions
So my questions:
- Any comments on the specific tag-related/retagging proposals above?
- Does anyone else want to do this kind of job (eventually editing tags of many/most meta questions)
- If not can I start to do that 'at will'? Should I ask for permission/discussion of specific tag-edits (e.g. as listed above) before I do it? Or should I go ahead and do/start it without asking (because may be quicker to do it than to ask, and changes like the above are likely to be an improvement)?