Very interested in Theravada Buddhism. Regularly read Buddhist literature (primarily Theravadan). Have a fairly disciplined one-hour sitting meditation regimine (attention on the breath) in the wee hours daily. Seeing the need for an occasional intensive meditation retreat to help me stay on a proper "insight" course. Have no nearby Theravada Buddhist groups to visit or participate with 😔 Determined to gain more solid footing slowly-but-surely. Thankful for the wealth of information available via the internet.
Member for 6 years, 7 months
3 profile views
Last seen May 5 '16 at 12:28
Top network posts
- 9 Why did the Buddha touch the earth at his enlightenment?
- 9 Are there Theravada meditation retreats that allow one to work for room and board?
- 8 Should I avoid using Mindfulness to fall asleep?
- 8 Is "Fake it 'til you make it" an acceptable Buddhist behavior?
- 8 Is a straight spine/spinal posture during seated meditation critical?
- 7 What distinction is made between "awareness" and "consciousness"?
- 7 How does kamma create a new set of aggregates for a rebirth; how do the mechanics of this process work?
- View more network posts →