36 year old lay Buddhist disciple about to embark on the journey towards renunciation. I've been a practicing Buddhist for six years and a meditator for 10. I was given the name Jayantha at Bhavana Society when taking on the 8 lifetime precepts and it is the name I am known by there and on Buddhist forums/websites.
I have been accepted to enter the monastery as a resident with intent to renounce(ie become a monk) and I am currently working out a date to start. I cannot say 100% if the monks life is for me or that i'll stay one for life(all is uncertain!), but I have a strong intuition it is, and the only way to find out is to take the plunge and try.
New Jersey USA
Member for 5 years, 5 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jul 9 '14 at 3:38
Top network posts
- 22 What is the attitude toward homosexuality in Buddhism?
- 15 Is a belief in rebirth a necessity for Buddhist practice?
- 12 What is the oldest text/sutra of the Mahayana tradition?
- 12 Why does the Buddha call himself the Tathāgata?
- 10 How does one become a lay Buddhist?
- 8 How is sexual misconduct explained in regards to the five precepts?
- 8 Are all Buddhists vegetarian?
- View more network posts →