Guy Eugène Dubois
Guy Eugène Dubois is the author of several books in Dutch language on the teachings of the Buddha: the Atthakavagga (The Peace of the Buddha), the Satta-Visuddhi (The Seven Purifications), the Dhammapada (The Path of Truth), the Parayanavagga (The Way to the Beyond), the Khaggavisana-Sutta (the Rhinoceros-Sutta) and Vipassana Bhavana (Cultivating Insight). As a yogi, he is completely unbound of every sectarian Buddhist movement. In this way he interprets the Dhamma in an independent way. As such he is - in the literal sense of the word - a bhikkhu, a 'homeless person', who experiences his dhutanga (practice) in a very individual way. In his books he combines a liberal-minded attitude with a great affection for the deep insights of the Buddha.
Member for 5 years
4 profile views
Last seen Mar 3 '15 at 17:39
Top network posts
- 12 If I start doing Vipassana now, how long will it take me to achieve Nirvana?
- 9 Best books & articles for practicing jhanas
- 8 Can Buddhism give any justification for military violence?
- 7 Eradication of the Five Hindrances
- 7 What is dry insight?
- 7 Tathagatagarbha and dhammakaya
- 6 How can you translate nibbida?
- View more network posts →